Blueprint for Survival is a half day workshop for people who have been laid off or expect to be laid off, and people who prefer entrepreneurship to the chance of being laid off. We teach bootstrapping skills as well as provide information and instruction on how to use a wide range of free web tools and other resources for running a business.
The content of the workshop includes:
- Backing Into Entrepreneurship: Forming a Business
- Health Insurance
- Tax Implications of Owning a Business
- Free Software to Run Your Business
- Community Resources
- Online marketing tips
- Co-working Opportunities
- “Opportunities” to Avoid
- Financing Strategies
Almost every resource presented at this workshop is FREE to attendees.
Francine Hardaway, co-founder of Stealthmode Partners and OTEF Executive Director, has been an entrepreneur for almost 30 years, is a survivor of several downturns, and doesn’t sugar coat it. Attendees receive immediately useful information about how to start new business ventures and collaborate with others to support their entrepreneurial success.
Benefits To Community::
- A viable alternative to ‘job training’.
- Redeployment of key human resources
- Job and income creation
Benefit To Attendees:
- Real world examples and training
- Access and linkage to community resources
- Opportunity to brainstorm with experienced entrepreneurs
- Connections to potential partners
- Introduction to funding organizations
- 1/2 day
- Held at locations across Maricopa County
- Small class size (20 max. per class)
- Highly collaborative and led by experienced entrepreneurs, with guest speakers from the business community and municipal, county, state or federal agencies.